The Denon Control Dock for iPod ASD-3W Wi-Fi network client device allows your iPod to be connected to your home network system either through an Ethernet port or by wireless connection. MP3 files and non-protected AAC Audio files from an iPod can then be streamed for listening over your home network. Additionally, viewing video pictures with video compatible iPods is also possible. The ASD-3W is DLNAA certified and is PlaysForSure compliant for ease of setup and use. The standard D-dock port is also supplied for current model receiver integration and is compatible with previous receiver models that have the Denon D-dock port for command and control. Your iPod will also stay charged while docked in the ASD-3W keeping it ready to go. A remote is also supplied with the ASD-3W for use with non-Denon systems.
Click here for the compatibility chart
• Playback Music/Photo Files from PC or Music Server
ASD-3W can access Windows Media Player (*1) to get music, photos and playlists come from your PC.
ASD-3W/N features Wi-Fi connectivity supporting IEEE802.11b and g.
[Support files] WMA, AAC (*2), MP3, WAV, FLAC for audio and JPEG(*3) for photos
• Internet Radio
You can access a list of over 7,000 radio stations via "vTuner" service, and enjoy your favorite music channels without a PC.
• GUI (Graphical User Interface) operation
To allow for easier browsing and playback of your files, the ASD-3W/N provide an intuitive GUI with album artwork via S-Video connection. Multi language for both GUI and Meta Data are available.
(English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese)
• iPod Command and Control
ASD-3W/N has capability of control your iPod via remote and playback music, photo slideshows and videos while also recharging your iPod.
- Dimensions : 120mm/4.7"(W) x 43.8mm/1.7"(H) x 120mm/4.7"(D) (included feet and terminals)
- Weight: ASD-3W: 280g/0.61lbs
- ASD-3N: 260g/0.57lbs
Network image ASD-3W
- *1 Windows Media Player version 11 or latest version is required.
- *2 Non-DRM files only
- *3 No support displaying Progressive JPEG file.
- Q: Can the ASD-3W/N be connected to a Denon product (amp, receiver, etc.) that does not have network connectivity?
- A: Yes. Network connectivity can be added by connecting the ASD-3W/N.
- Q: Can it be used with Denon products (amps, receivers, etc) equipped with System Connector?
- A: Yes. However, operation is via the remote control unit supplied with the ASD-3W/N.
The remote control unit supplied with a Denon model (amp, receiver, etc) where the Dock Control port of the ASD-3W/N is connected to the System Connector cannot be used to operate the ASD-3W/N.
- Q: Can it be used with Denon products (amps, receivers, etc) equipped with a Dock Control port?
- A: The remote control unit supplied with some Denon models (amps, receivers, etc; please refer to the Table) can be used to operate the ASD-3W/N when connected to the model's Dock Control port.
- Q: What types of 802.11b/g security are supported?
- A: WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), and WPA2-PSK (AES) are supported.
- Q: What type of software can play music stored in a PC or music server?
- A: WMP11 can be used to play WMA, DRM WMA, MP3, and WAV music files.
Separately-sold software must be used to play other file formats.
- Q: What formats of Internet radio can be heard?
- A: Internet radio stations using MP3 and WMA formats are supported.
When using wireless connectivity, a router with wireless connectivity and the ASD-3W must be used.
The Dock Control port uses proprietary Denon specifications.
*Sold exclusively within the US only. No shipments allowed outside the US!
iPod Compatibility: The ASD-3W is compatible with iPods having a dock connector including the iPod Nano video, iPod Classic, iPod touch and iPhone. Adapters are included for the 20/30 GB and 40/60 GB iPod Photos; and the iPod mini. The adaptors for the 5th generation iPods and nanos are included with those units. The adapters necessary for the 3rd and 4th generation iPods are available directly from Apple.
Note: There is Firmware upgrade required for compatibility with the iPod nano video, classic, touch and iPhone located at the following web address - http://www.usa.denon.com/ASD-3N-3WFirmwareUpdate-Web1207.pdf . This latest firmware corrects video/photo playback in Browse and Remote mode for the nano video and classic, however, Browse Mode still does not function with video/photo material purchased from the iTunes Store. In addition, this latest Firmware corrects video/photo Remote Mode playback for the touch and iPhone, however, Browse Mode does not work due to new Apple specification.
iPod Photo and Video Playback: The ASD-3W is compatible with iPod photo (4th generation), iPod video (5th generation), iPod classic (80/120/160GB), iPod nano (3rd/4th generation), iPod touch (1st/2nd generation), and iPhone/iPhone3G using the included S-video cable.
Denon Component Compatibility: The ASD-3W is compatible with Denon receivers and Denon mini-component systems featuring the dock control jack.
Additional Component Compatibility: The ASD-3W can also be used with components not having the dock control jack but do have audio/video inputs. You are still able to control the iPod from the ASD-3W's remote control or the iPod, itself.
Network Audio Playback: The ASD-3W can be used to play Internet radio stations or music or still picture (JPEG) files stored on your computer through your connected Denon receiver.
- Network Music/Photo File Playback: The ASD-3W can access Windows Media Player (version 11 or later) and iTunes (non-DRM files only) to get music, photos and playlists from your PC and play them through your connected Denon receiver and television. The ASD-3W supports MP3, WMA, MPEG-4 AAC, WAV (LPCM) and FLAC music audio file formats and JPEG still images.
- Internet Radio: The ASD-3W allows you to access a list of over 7,000 radio stations (MP3/WMA format) via "vTuner" service and enjoy your favorite music channels when connected to your PC's network and your compatible Denon receiver. Stations can be selected by genre and region.
GUI (Graphical User Interface): To allow for easier browsing and playback of your files, the ASD-3W provides an intuitive GUI with album artwork via S-Video connection to your television. Multi-language for both GUI and Meta Data are available including English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese.
Remote Control: The ASD-3W comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control for operating your docked iPod. The remote control included with your compatible Denon receiver can also be used to control your iPod. If you prefer the controls on your iPod can be used as well.
Note: When the Dock Control terminal is connected, the ASD-3W no longer accepts remote control commands. To use the remote control unit, point it at the remote control sensor on the connected Denon receiver when operating it.
System Requirements: A broadband line connect to the Internet is required in order to use the ASD-3W's Internet radio function and firmware update. When using the ASD-3W, it is recommend you use a router equipped with the following functions: Built-In DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server, Built-in 100BASE-TX switch. A CAT-5 or greater Ethernet cable is recommended for making a wired connection. When making a wireless connection, uses a broadband router with a built-in access point. Your computer should me the following system requirements.
- OS: Windows XP Service Pack2, Windows Vista
- Software: .NET Framework 1.1 and Windows Media Connect (Windows XP, Windows Media Player ver. 11, DLNA-compatible server software
- Internet Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or later
- Memory: 300 MB or more free disk space
- Connection: LAN port
Connections: The ASD-3W Dock has the following connections:
- iPod dock connector: proprietary 30-pin Apple iPod dock connector for connecting your iPod
- Ethernet: LAN port/Ethernet connector for connecting unit to your PC's network (Ethernet cable not supplied)
- WLAN Antenna Terminal: male screw-on WLAN antenna terminal for connection of supplied rod-style antenna
Note: It is not possible to use both a wired and wirless LAN at the same time.
- Control: 3.5mm (1/8") mini jack for supplied control-A/V cable
- S-Video Out: S-Video jack to display photos, video, and song info using supplied control-A/V cable
- Audio Out: Left and right RCA jacks for supplied control-A/V cable
- DC In (6V/1.5A):Round DC power connector for supplied AC adapter
Protect Your Warranty!
Don’t risk buying from an unauthorized retailer! Denon only sells through retailers that can provide the best care and support. With Denon’s wide network of approved authorized retailers, we guarantee that your equipment operates perfectly, and all of the correct packaging, documentation, cables and accessories for your equipment are new and included in the box. Unauthorized retailers have not met the standards required by Denon.
Make Sure it is Authentic!
We are aware of the ever-increasing number of counterfeit products in the marketplace. The Denon name carries with it a legacy of performance, so we are careful to select only the best retailers to sell our equipment. Some unauthorized retailers who are unable to become authorized Denon retailers will attempt to carry products with the Denon logo. Unauthorized retailers obtain items from a variety of sources that Denon does not support or cannot verify. Instances of serial number tampering or removal are attempts to obscure the source of these products. We do not provide any warranty or support for products containing invalid or altered serial numbers.
Find one of our authorized retailers by checking our Denon Dealer Locator on our website.